1. Lose weight - I actually did this one...joined Weight Watchers in September and have lost 20 pounds so far...25 more to go!
2. Grow my hair - Yup...did that too, although I'm hardly Rapunzel yet!
3. Quit smoking (already broken) - Quit from February to November and then all he** broke loose...now I need to do it all over again.
5. Make my "bucket list" so that I'll have time before I'm too old to do anything on it - Definitely have worked on that. Bought a new little Casita camper (on the list) and hope to travel this summer...maybe to Michigan's Upper Peninsula (Somewhere In Time is one of my favorite movies). Later the list calls for a return trip to the U.K...not in the camper, of course. And I'd love to join Sisters On the Fly.
6. Stop making so many lists (already broken) - Impossible...I'll admit it: I love lists!
7. Overcome my fear of colonoscopies - hmmm...
8. Make the blog even more exciting (?) - The year was exciting enough on it's own...I didn't have to do anything.
9. Spend at least as many minutes doing fun things as I spend in hospitals and doctor's offices - See #8
10. Have another "cousins weekend" in 2010 - Yes...we got all the cousins together in October for a "girls weekend"... great fun and Nancy was well enough to join us.
11. Learn all the words to the "Maine Counties" song so I could sing along with Nancy - Still haven't mastered that one. "There's sixteen counties in our state...Cumberland and Franklin"...is as far as I got.
"With the coming New Year I have been reflecting a lot on 2009. I am ever so grateful to be in continued remission. Tomorrow is the start of a new year, a new beginning for each of us, and it is a time to take stock of our lives and what we would like to see for the future. For me, I am thankful to be alive and in remission, and I am thankful for my wonderful husband, family and friends. This year, I will try to find a way to deal with life's stresses, I will pray more, and I will live my life to the fullest. I will love and laugh freely. I wish for all of you a very happy and healthy New Year, filled with love, laughter, and hope! ~Nancy"
Happy New Year to you all.