Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Winter finally made its way to Maine today...a good day for hot coffee, a warm fire in the wood stove, and quiet time in the craft room sorting through the mess I made yesterday. These photos were taken at Winn Farm this morning...the snow has finally stopped but the wind is still howling outside my window. Looking forward to a visit from my crafty friend, Sandra, tomorrow while Hank spends the day skiing at Black Mountain with Nancy's son, Kit. My only disappointment with this beautiful snowfall is that it means that my son, Rob, and his family...Tomomi, Taka and Toshi...are stranded in Brooklyn, N.Y. and won't be able to make their annual Christmas trip to Maine. I wonder how the boys will feel about Santa visiting them at Black Mountain in February? Hope you are all staying warm and enjoying a little quiet time to catch up after the hustle and bustle of Christmas.



“I frequently tramped eight or ten miles through the deepest snow to keep an appointment with a beech-tree, or a yellow birch, or an old acquaintance among the pines.  ~Thoreau
This post is linked to:
Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors

0 comments: