Friday, December 17, 2010

Got Skates?

a Post from Andi:

"Nancy Memorial Skating Pond" is officially open; it's in the woods behind our house in Yarmouth.  Who could ever forget Nancy skating through the swamp when we were kids in Westport with her skating skirt and stocking cap? 

I have also been on a new Facebook game called "Cityville" and created "Nancyville"... complete with Nancy's bakery.
Odd thing about this picture I took at the pond:  there is an "orb" in the top right corner.  None of the other pictures taken from that angle showed the orb.  Nancy???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not sure I'd still be able to hobble around on figure skates, Andi, but I'd like to check out your new rink someday:-)

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Dear Cheryl,

Thank you for letting me know about Nancy's passing. I had been very busy and had not been following your blog.

It is good that you are grieving by writing. I wrote a lot when I was grieving for my baby son. Do you remember why I followed your blog? And I replied that that was when I first started blogging, and I wanted to read about people suffering so I can comfort them.

Now I will walk with you as you grieve for Nancy. I started this comment saying, I was busy. I was busy because I started writing my book, about grieving and how I survived.

The skating pond: when I was in Canada, in 1976, a 10 year old boy made his own skating rink in the garden of our apt block. I don't have snow in Auckland, but when I talk about the skating rink, I will remember Nancy.

I will pray for you and your sister and your family.

Thanks for following.