Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Dollhouse Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;
And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled down for a long winter's nap,


When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.


The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below,
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer.

But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD-NIGHT!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Absolutely adorable !

Marilyn said...

Love this!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Cheryl,
As you can tell by the amount of comments flooding your email box that I am spending a bit of time visiting your wonderful blog.
I LOVE your doll house!!
So very cute!! Another doll house lover!! Makes my heart sing!!

Hugs,
Debbie