Saturday, April 16, 2011

Flea Market Weekend!

It's the first day of school vacation and we're in the antiques capital Pennsylvania...Adamstown...for a weekend in flea market heaven. I've been so anxious to get out there, I could hardly sleep...writing this at 5:30 a.m.! I think I'm ready... I've got a big empty L.L. Bean bag, my camera, a bottle of water, plenty of cash, and DH to say, "What do you need that for?" ... but then help me carry it all! Hopefully, I'll have lots of photos from the treasure hunt to show you by the time the weekend is over!

Photo from Southern Living

The trip down yesterday was beautiful...it just kept getting greener and greener as we headed south:

Maine - warmer but not much green yet, crocus is out
Massachusetts - some buds on the trees, saw a daffodil
Connecticut - forsythia and dogwood in full bloom
New York & New Jersey - much greener, cherry blossoms in bloom along the highway
Pennsylvania - so green looking across the farmland...daffodils and hyacinths in full bloom, flowering trees everywhere. It's Spring!

It's finally time to head off on the treasure hunt...wish me luck!
Cheryl

4 comments:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Oooo, I am so jealous! I can't wait to see what you find!!!

Claudia said...

Have a great time!

xo
Claudia

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Cheryl I hope you are having a great day! Can't wait to see your treasures.

MeMeSue said...

oh my goodness you are so close to me! We could have met. Unfortunatly it is raining like the dickens and I hope your not getting soaked.

Enjoy the hunt!

Hugs,
Sue