Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Getting Caught Up

Just a quick post to let everyone know that I'm still here, even though I've had to let this little blog go for so much of the summer. Here's a quick update on what I've been up to since school got out in June...
I took over Nancys' role as captain of our Relay for Life...lots of work but this year our team raised almost $2000 for the American Cancer Society. The whole family turned out, including cousins and grandchildren from Arizona and Brooklyn, so it was a memorable day.


Our cousin, Lynn, drove over from New Hampshire to walk in the Survivor. Sadly, our family is positive for the BRCA2 cancer gene, but Lynn is doing well...




Our team was  ready for this year's Wizard of Oz theme!


I've also been spending precious time with my daughter, Kristen...

And camping with the grandchildren...
Brian

Taka

and Toshi.

 I've been lucky enough to get outdoors to enjoy places like this...


and find some quiet tome to read some of the books I've been meaning to get to all winter.

In the middle of all that, we've been trying to sell our house, downsize, and remodel and redecorate a new smaller home, luckily in the same town and nearer the beach.
I never want to see a wallpaper steamer again!

I miss all of my blog friends and hope to be back in touch soon...

8 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Cheryl I am so glad to see this post! Yay that you are doing well and keeping very busy!! Great job on the cancer relay for life! Enjoy your daughter and your grands....they do grow up so fast don't they. My little Grand is now 16 months old today! Hope to see you more often here! Hugs, Linda

Pamela Gordon said...

I thought of you recently Cheryl and wondered how you were doing. It's great to see you back again. I hope you are enjoying your summer. It's flying by so fast. Next thing you know school will be starting again! Take care. Blessings, Pamela

Laura S Reading said...

It sounds as if you are having a busy but productive summer. I am glad you got in some lower key fun activities and even read a few books.

This has been the most unusual year, not only weather ways.

Enjoy each day as we are gifted them.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Glad to see you are doing well and have had such a productive summer! Enjoy your much needed down time and time with your loved ones. The blog world will still be here when you're ready to jump back in. :@

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Cheryl it's so good to see you back. You've certainly had a busy summer, but have touched so many lives in a positive way!

MeMeSue said...

Hello my Friend!!

What an AWESOME job on the walk! I too have been taking a break...not only from posting but also from reading blogs. They were starting to take over my life. Glad you have been taking some time to spend relaxing and with your family! I can't believe how big the boys are getting..

Take care of you!

Sue

Vicki@MorePowerfulBeyondMeasure said...

When I start missing Maine I seek out your blog! Looks like you are doing well! Good job on the Relay for Life! I am fighting breast cancer at this moment and I'm appreciating more and more the things people do to insure a one day cure for cancer. I'm just past surgery and about to start treatments. I am planning my next trip to Maine as celebration soon as I am through with treatment. Best, Vicki

Unknown said...

Gardening Tips A lot of people love to grow tomatoes because they are usually much juicier and sweeter than the ones you buy at the supermarket. How can you make even sweeter and more delicious? Try adding some baking soda to the soil. Make sure you only sprinkle it on the soil, not the plant. Review: Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter, Container Vegetable Gardening, Growing Plants Hydroponically, A Beginner’s Guide to Growing Roses, Gardening Basics for Beginners, Be Gone Garden Snails!, How to Grow Tall Grasses, How to Keep Pansies Alive and How to Keep Slugs Out of Your Garden