Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy (Snowy) Halloween!

The snow is on the pumpkin here in Maine...just in time for Halloween! The surprise October Nor'easter knocked out our internet service so I have missed being able to visit my favorite blogs this weekend and hope to catch up with all of you during the week.


The fall leaves were still on the trees when the storm hit...knocking most of what was left to the ground in huge gusts of wind.

It's quiet now though and the sun began to return this afternoon...when my sister, Joanne, created this in her backyard just before today's Patriot's game. I just hope she got her power back in time to watch it!


The candy is bought, the pumpkin on the porch is lit...


And I'm definitely NOT dreaming of a White Halloween!

The forecast for Halloween Day is sunny and warmer so we're still looking forward to the annual visits for "Trick or Treat"...although Cinderella may have to trade in her glass slippers for LL Bean boots this year.

Happy Halloween to all!

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh, noooo!! I can almost FEEL the cold! We don't have any snow in MN yet, so we hope to get the Christmas lights hung this week. I'm sure Cinderella will look just as lovely in her boots. Maybe with pink shoelaces.

Pamela Gordon said...

We got the same amount of snow here too but it should be gone later today with the sunshine. It will be a cold night for the trick or treaters for sure.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I must say snow on Halloween just is so wrong! Hope you have a great day!

Jenny said...

I see this weather on the news and I am both shocked and envious! Maybe if there was snow around I'd get my Christmas shopping done earlier.

And living in Phoenix, AZ might explain why I do it late every year.

Yeah.

That's my excuse...and I'm stickin' to it!

ha!

Betty said...

It's hard to believe you all got snow already. I'm sitting here with the A/C humming, but I'd much rather be where there's snow. I used to enjoy going to visit my parents in NJ and shoveling a little snow, but now I rarely get to see it. We're still talking about the Christmas Eve it snowed here. It had never happened before and there was snow on the beach at Galveston on Christmas day.

Unknown said...

That was the white stuff on the ground in your town. We are still safe-for now. I would rather have snow than drippy, cold rain, though. I remember our bags all got soggy on us. Oh, memories !

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Such a cute post! I hope the snow didn't spoil your weekend and that you get your internet back on soon!