Thursday, March 1, 2012

Come Along With Us


Wouldn't it be fun to spend a few days with "the girls" in a little pink camper like this?


My sister, Joanne, who knows I dream of vintage campers, just emailed me this photo. She saw this old pink trailer sitting all by itself in a salvage yard in Massachusetts and snuck in to take a picture of it. She's even already named it ..."Ramblin' Rose".

I think half the fun of having a little vintage camper would be in decorating it...

Source:  kitchyliving.com

It would be a bit like playing house...

Source: The Vintage Housewife blog

A chance to forget all the decorating "rules" ...

Source: vintage camperlove.com

And be guided by the colorful whimsy of childhood.

Source: shellbellestikihut.com

I'd load up my little trailer with one or two old pairs of jeans, the pile of books I've been meaning to read, some wine and cheese...and my laptop, of course...for blogging from the road.
Source: retrorenovation.com

I'd detour to pick up blog friends along the way...so we could get to know each other in person, in real time.
Our orange t@b
It would be a quick trip from Maine to pick up Pamela in New Brunswick. She could play with her camera as we made our way to Claudia's home in New York State. I would love the chance to see Claudia's amazing collection of McCoy pottery.

inside my little Casita
We'd wind our way south, too,  to hit some Georgia flea markets with Linda. After a really long little side trip to Minnesota to learn how Vickie manages to bend wire into chandeliers, we could drive west along Route 66...


to a cozy little blue house in Oklahoma...

handmade for me by Paula Clare at Paula's Palace of Altered Art blog

To give sweet Brenda big hugs...because she really needs them right now.

Source: TCT.com

Maybe we'd all share some sweet tea and lemonade as we trade our stories...

handmade for me by Paula Clare at Paula's Palace of Altered Art blog

And came to realize that, as far apart as we are in distance, as women we all have similar life experiences and common bonds.

Source: Sisters On the Fly.com

As we wander, I hope we'd meet up with the Sisters On the Fly. I've always wanted to join these ladies. They describe themselves as...


 "A group of women who challenge ourselves in all that we set our minds to do. We have no age or color. We range in age from 88 to 21 with most in between."  

Source: Sisters On the Fly.com

"We welcome all women who want to share the adventures of 'sisterhood'."

Source: Sisters On the Fly.com

"We have vintage trailers that we take on Cowgirl Caravan trips around the country. They are decorated inside and out in usually a western kitschy theme."

Source: Sisters On the Fly.com

"After all, 'There is a little Cowgirl in all of us'”.

Source: Sisters On the Fly.com

I think we'd fit right in with this group of creative women! Maybe my blog friends and I  could even earn a few badges while we're camping with the "sisters"...

Source: Sisters On the Fly.com

If you look closely, you'll see badges for attending The Cowgirl Prom (we'd need to pack our "fancy" dresses for that!), making a perfect Martini, overcoming troubles (The Purple Heart badge...Brenda deserves that one!), and my favorite, the badge for "Going Potty outdoors".

handmade for me  by Paula Clare at Paula's Palace of Altered Art blog

In my vintage camper dream, we'd stop to pick up each and every one of you, wherever you are in blogland, take the turns in the road as they come, share our stories, and dance like nobody's watching.

Want to come along???


This post is linked to:
Vintage Inspiration at Common Ground
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here

18 comments:

Laura S Reading said...

There is a chapter near me!
http://www.meetup.com/Midwest-Great-Lakes-SOTF/

and they have meetups involving flea markets. Overnight flea markets! Doesn't that sound wonderful?

Claudia said...

Count me in! What a great time we'd all have! I've always wanted one of these. I'd travel with it and then use it as a studio space when it was parked at home.

xo
Claudia

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I'm so glad you will stop in Georgia for me and I will go the rest of the way with you! This would be a trip of a lifetime and getting to meet all these wonderful women we know from blogging would be more fantastic then I can even begin to imagine. Love the vintage trailer....I think I have to start looking for one now! LOL....Happy post Cheryl! Hugs, Linda

Gayle said...

I'm with you there! Adore the little tour of trailers. They are reminding me of little playhouses for adult girls! I want one now!

Geneva said...

I can't imagine anything more fun than decorating a little camper like that and then traveling around the country. I say you girls should go for "Ramblin' Rose"
She's a cutie!
- Geneva

Pamela Gordon said...

You can count me in. Well, I guess you already did as I'm the first one you'll pick up. lol I love these sweet little trailers. I think they are so fun and sweetly decorated. Great post my friend. Now, when did you say you are leaving? Hugs, Pamela

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Please stop and pick me up when you're in Minnesota. I'd love to come along. I wish I had a little camper like that.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Well now! I'm speechless.

Okay, I'm never speechless, but this post has me all verclempt. I have no idea how to spell that non-word, but you know what I mean.

Thank you all so much for driving so far out or your way to pick me up!! While you're here, I'll take you on a little tour. We can see the world's largest open pit mine. Childhood homes of Bob Dylan and Kevin McHale. And our1920 high school auditorium is not to be missed! We can visit a few of our 10,000 lakes and I'll let you take turns in our kayaks. But be sure to pack plenty of bug spray, because mosquitos are our unofficial state bird.

Thanks, Cheryl, for another of your imaginative and fun filled posts!

Vickie

Lakeesha said...

I adore this post it is so cute and I was totally on the ride with you. Hope all is well:)

Lakeesha

Anonymous said...

I've never seen such a display of campers! Decorated with such vibrancy and vintage charm. Thanks for the ride.

Blessings,
Marianne

Michelle said...

How many of us have you just inspired to run away from home?
:-) Those are seriously cute!

Bird Freshwater said...

Too wonderful! i want to run away from home and move right into a "teardrop" trailer with all my old Mexican linens and dishes. Will you come by AZ and pick me up?

Melissa Bolton said...

looks like a lot of fun (in pink, nonetheless!)

arrielle_p said...

Wow Those are so cute! Wish to own someday like too. :)

condominium makati

The Charm of Home said...

OM gosh! The badges are priceless! Love it! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Amy Gilman and Emily Lee (Sisters of the Wild West) said...

Thanks so much for linking up!!! We featured you this weekend!!We ABSOLUTELY love the vintage pink camper and we dream of taking a road trip in one we have redone!!

Margaret #23 said...

As a Sister on the Fly, it was neat to see some of our trailers on your site, we to take our "We have more fun than anyone" motto very seriously, and love our sisters dearly!

Margaret, Sister #23

Jessie, The Education Of Ours said...

I'd buy that in a heartbeat! Where in Ma!? I want to see :)